Skip to main content

Sin and I

Sin is my claim to my right to myself.

Sin is me trying to be God.

It is a disposition.

 

A disposition that does not acknowledge that I am only the breath of God and dust.

A disposition to live by my own terms, and not on the terms of the God who created me.

The disposition of sin is not limited to immorality and wrong-doing.

It is the disposition of self-realization – I am my own god!

I can do things, the way I want!

 

The good news is that God sent His son to take that disposition away.

The disposition of wanting to do things my way - as if I created myself and put myself on this planet.

Another sweet part is that once I acknowledge that God owns me, and I agree to live on His terms,

His Spirit begins to work righteousness in me.

He does the work, on my inside.

He has no respect for my temperament or preferences.

He takes over my life, completely!

 

But can you imagine the creator of the world taking over your life?

Can you imagine the possibilities? The sheer beauty?

It still gets better 😊 - He loves me far more than I can ever love myself.

His plans for me are much better than the plans I have for myself; including the not-so-easy bit.

My new disposition is to come as a mere conscious human, surrendering everything I have or am, to Him.

 

 

‘Funmilayo Akinwale

Largely inspired by My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers (October 5)

06.10.2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Wahala…….

Emotion left on her own will depreciate someday While alive and in flames it seems as if you’ll be consumed if you don’t express her or the other party doesn’t react in the desired direction. She can bear many children ranging from flings to crushes to outright obsession and sometimes Love. Emotion on her own is healthy and she keeps the engine of relationships running. The kind we speak of in this note is when she ain’t mutual (or seemingly so). Emotion in this context: a state where your blood literally jumps out of your veins at the mention or sight of anything that concerneth the igniting party. Where you wait by your phone literally praying that a call comes in or you refresh your inbox like a gazillion times expecting an unsent message. Truth is, we have no control over these emotions; we don’t solicit for her birth. She just comes upon us suddenly. The only way out is managing her by putting her where she belongs. Oh yes there are solutions even if...

Of Pain and Heartbreaks

What do humans do with pain and heartbreaks? Who do they talk to about it? To God? To God alone? To God and man? To man alone? To spouse and partner? To biological family? To neighbours? To local spiritual family? To spiritual family, universal? To only clergy? To friends met on Life’s journey? To colleagues and business partners? To professionals – counsellors, therapists, and emotional coaches? To strangers? To social media? To God alone? To God and man? ‘F O7.08.2021  

Innocent Hugs

Everything flashes back like yesterday Met u at my friend’s church U distributed your fatherly hugs around U had to move in because of the repairs on 3rd mainland Oh, the multiplier effect of poor infrastructure U wanted family evenings together –TV, eating, gist et al But luckily our work wouldn’t let us U shared the hugs evenly – mine & hers Saw the way u looked at her But haba! how can I suspect Mr Deacon Closer to 50 than 45 ‘It can’t be what I’m thinking’ Then she had to travel Leaving the 2 of us alone My only worry was your addiction to gist then .......the reality of the hugs Couldn’t compare with hers anymore Is it the Babcock in me that is so uncomfortable? Ok…….. Then I avoided you and the hugs...... U came & hugged unexpectedly Then started adding interesting pecks Confusion bami immediately Deacon!!!!!!!!!! Is this still brotherly love? U are her uncle’s close friend R u thinking at all???? Or nah my imagination. I avoided seeing u in d morning or when I got back ...